Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Small Blessing

My daughter is going into eighth grade. One of the great pleasures in life is watching her turn from a sweet little girl into a wonderful young woman. She drips with potential and has the drive to turn it into an awful lot. She's smart and accomplished, and yet gentle and almost completely free of attitude.

She attends an academically demanding school and it's not uncommon for her to be doing school work until after my bed time.

School's out here in Florida and yesterday she had a friend over. Most of her friends are scattered throughout the county, so she doesn't get to see them as often as she would if they lived down the street. Last night, I saw her the way I rarely see her, chumming around with a buddy, being silly, doing frivolous things.

This is me smiling.

No comments: