Monday, October 04, 2004

October 4, Sometimes you just get tired

Maybe it is the lack of vacation. I've had a day here or there, but nothing in a row since Christmas. Anyway, I am tired. I need some days off.

Fact of the matter is, I am incredibly blessed to live in a time when days off are a possibility. For most of human life, days off have been rare, even unheard of. In fact, paid vacation is a luxury we in the westernized world take for granted. Then again, we aren't out trying to build a hut for shelter or hunting for or growing the food that will feed our children.

So right away, the key thing to do is to thank God for the gift that He has bestowed that allows me to have a day off where I don't have to work on things. Right away, that simple change of perspective sort of cuts down on the tired.

Still, I need some recharging. And I will get it. I'm supposed to take time off this week. But that could still fall through. Even so, I have some time off later in the month and Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming.

The point is, nothing is forever. And when the pile of garbage starts to get bigger than your ability to grapple with it, eventually, rebirth will come. You just have to be on the lookout for it and believe it is possible.

As soon as you don't believe, it won't happen.

No comments: